Thursday 9 June 2011

7 day countdown begins

Festival season is impending, and fast!

Beach Break is now a mere week away, and I haven't even had time to think about it yet (a repeat of last year's massively rushed Reading preparation = packing at 7am in the morning). I'm not even sure who's headlining to be honest - all I remember is Tinie Tempah, Nero, Magnetic Man, Newton Faulkner and White Lies.

A quick print-screen job from the BB homepage shows that this is the final act line-up!


The acts I'm most excited about are definitely Tinie Tempah, Example, Newton Faulkner and...hold up, where is Nero on this list? I swear I didn't make that one up...fml.

I think my festival-appropriate wardrobe is adequate enough as it is, without the need for traipsing around the high-street (why do I say this as if it's such a drag?). I'm thinking I'll most likely live in my high-waisted denim shorts and wear them with fuss-free tops/shirts (avoiding even writing the fateful double 
-barrelled word that begins with a type of precipitation and ends with a garment worn over an outfit in order to avoid such evil types of precipitation...mmm you know what I mean. Or at least I do). 

Even so...I did manage to just spend £20 on Tescos' F&F clothing on their website. I wasn't really expecting much from the clothing - initially, I was only drawn in by the fact that ALL garments were half price, and being the stingy person that I am, I thought I'd take a quick look. 

I was pleasantly surprised with what I found; I am a bit of a snob when it comes down to supermarket clothes shopping, and although a lot of the clothing left a lot to be desired, by the end of my search, Tesco came up trumps by offering me festival-chic at half the price. 

I saved a total of £18 on my purchases - which included two basic burn-out tees in pastel-green and marl grey, a gorgeous sheer camisole top with ethnic-inspired print, and a structured across-body bag just the right size for festival needs. The 50% flash sale runs until midnight Saturday - take a lookie, quick!




No comments:

Post a Comment