Saturday 14 January 2012

Where did Kelis ever go?

Over the Christmas holidays I've been slightly obsessively listening to the album Tasty, by Kelis, which was released in 2003 (back when I was a wee girl soon to enter the dooming cycle of teenage-hood). 

[01] Kelis, Tasty album cover
It was a nice surprise to find an album other than super hardcore hip-hop (I don't even know how to subject it to a specific genre to be honest) in my car - it's become rather cluttered with an eclectic sort from myself and my brother. 

But back to the album - I forgot how good Kelis was! Excluding the one track that everybody knows (Milkshake, of course), there are jems like Trick Me, In Public (I've got the Nas rapping bit down to a tee...absolutely no shame), Millionaire (remember that one?!) and my favourite track of the album, Glow. Such a good beat, have a listen. PS. can't believe how little views this video has had! 

[02] Kelis, Glow

This album hands-down tops Rihanna's Talk that Talk (which I think it completely overrated. #unpopularopinion? Loud was so much better. Just saying).

2 comments:

  1. Haha I was wondering the same thing the other day....because I was thinking about ordering a milkshake, and instantly got her song stuck in my head :P I've never listened to the album, but I might check it out now. Thanks for sharing. I gotta go get all these boys outta my yaaard :P bwahaha.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for following, I really appreciate it <3
    Tasia
    htpp://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! such an annoying song, yet such a guilty pleasure :P
    you're welcome love! xx

    ReplyDelete